- Pages: 45
- Report Code: CS21005TS
Sustainability and Ethics is one of the eight mega-trends that GlobalData covers as part of our TrendSights series of consumer insight studies. It reflects mounting awareness and concern surrounding the scale, complexity, and interdependence of shared social and environmental challenges globally.
The modern world is heavily influenced by resource depletion, intensifying pollution, climate change, and biodiversity loss. These challenges are serving as a wake-up call as societies gradually adapt to more sustainable patterns of consumption and production. The inadvertent environmental benefits of the COVID-19 pandemic have compelled consumers to reassess their dependence on indulgences such as animal products and carbon-intensive behaviors such as air travel.
- The pandemic prompted consumers to become more mindful of a range of environmental and social issues.
- The move towards a flexitarian diet has prompted consumers to embrace more sustainable food and drink choices in a broader range of categories.
- Social activism is more evident in younger consumers, while localism has a much broader appeal.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
Table of Contents
Take Outs and Implications
Request a Free Sample
About the Author
Purchase to read the full report