Highlights of the MD:
- Egypt is prioritising SDG goals and ESG principles. Both development finance and private sector investments will speed up the adoption of ESG.
- Ethiopia’s Tigray crisis is disrupting mining and manufacturing activities. This is leading to export revenue losses.
- Dubai issues new guides for sustainable issuance and investment. The guides highlight ESG best practices and benefits.
- Climate change financing support must be matched by sustainable and climate-resilient infrastructure in Africa.
- Saudi Arabia issues euro-dominated bonds and established a new tourism and infrastructure venture.
The Mashora Digest (MD) analyses the latest economic, political and sustainability developments in the Middle East & Africa.